Matthew 28:19 is an essential passage that communicates Jesus’ final instructions to His disciples before His ascension. Known as the Great Commission, this verse emphasizes the mission of every believer: to go forth and make disciples of all nations, spreading the good news of Jesus Christ.
This mission is not limited to pastors, missionaries, or church leaders; it is a calling for all believers to actively participate in sharing the gospel and making disciples. It is also a reminder that God’s love and salvation are for all people, regardless of their culture, nationality, or background.
Time to reflect
As you reflect on Matthew 28:19, consider these questions:
- How have you been involved in fulfilling the Great Commission in your life, both locally and globally?
- What opportunities do you have to share the gospel and make disciples in your everyday life?
- How can you support and encourage other believers in fulfilling the Great Commission, both in prayer and practical ways?
Prayer Of The Day
Lord Jesus, thank You for entrusting us with the Great Commission. We recognize that You have called each of us to play a part in sharing the gospel and making disciples of all nations.
Help us to be faithful in fulfilling this mission, whether it’s in our local communities or around the world. Give us boldness to share the good news, wisdom to disciple others, and a heart of love for people from every nation.
We pray that Your Spirit would empower and equip us to be effective witnesses for You, so that many may come to know and follow You. In Your name, we pray. Amen.
- Reflect on your personal involvement in fulfilling the Great Commission and seek ways to actively participate in sharing the gospel and making disciples.
- Identify opportunities in your everyday life to share the gospel with others, and pray for boldness to seize these opportunities.
- Support and encourage other believers, both locally and globally, in their efforts to fulfill the Great Commission through prayer, financial support, or practical help.
The Great Commission is a vital and ongoing responsibility for all believers. As we strive to share the gospel and make disciples of all nations, may we be empowered by the Holy Spirit, remain faithful to our calling, and celebrate the eternal impact of our obedience.