In this verse, Jesus gives His disciples the Great Commission, instructing them to go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. This command applies not only to the original disciples but also to all believers who are called to share the good news of Jesus Christ with others. The Great Commission reminds us of the importance of evangelism, discipleship, and our role in God’s mission to bring the message of salvation to every corner of the world.
Time to reflect
As you reflect on the Great Commission, consider the following questions:
- How are you currently participating in sharing the gospel with others, both locally and globally?
- In what ways can you be more intentional in fulfilling the Great Commission through your words, actions, and relationships?
- How can you support and encourage others in your church and community to engage in sharing the gospel and making disciples?
Prayer Of The Day
Heavenly Father, thank You for the Great Commission, which calls us to share the gospel with all people. Empower us with Your Holy Spirit, giving us the wisdom, courage, and passion to share Your good news with those around us.
Lord Jesus, help us to be intentional in fulfilling the Great Commission, using our gifts and resources to reach others with Your message of salvation. Encourage us to support one another in our efforts to make disciples and expand Your kingdom on earth.
In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.
- Assess your current involvement in sharing the gospel and making disciples, considering areas where you can grow and be more intentional in fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Pray for opportunities to share the gospel with friends, family members, coworkers, or neighbors who do not yet know Christ.
- Engage in local and global missions, either by participating directly or by supporting missionaries and organizations that are committed to spreading the gospel.
- Encourage and pray for others in your church and community who are involved in evangelism and discipleship efforts.
- Learn more about different cultures and people groups, developing a heart for reaching all people with the gospel.
The Great Commission is a central aspect of our faith, reminding us of our calling to share the good news of Jesus Christ with all people. As we seek to fulfill this command, let us be intentional in our efforts, relying on God’s wisdom, strength, and guidance. Together, we can participate in God’s mission to bring the message of salvation to every corner of the world, making disciples and expanding His kingdom on earth.