In this verse, Jesus teaches his disciples about the priority of seeking God’s kingdom and righteousness above all else. This message is part of the larger context of the Sermon on the Mount, where Jesus addresses various concerns, such as worrying about material needs and the importance of trusting God to provide for our necessities.
Seeking first God’s kingdom means making it our primary focus to live in alignment with His will and purpose. It involves prioritizing our relationship with God and striving to follow His commandments in every aspect of our lives. When we seek His righteousness, we desire to live in a way that is pleasing to Him and reflects His character.
As we put God first in our lives, we can trust that He will provide for our needs. While this does not guarantee a life free from challenges, it does assure us that God will be with us and take care of us as we continue to grow in our relationship with Him.
Time to reflect
Consider how this verse applies to your life:
- Are you seeking God’s kingdom and righteousness as the primary focus of your life?
- In what areas of your life do you need to prioritize God’s will and purpose?
- How can you trust God more fully to provide for your needs as you seek His kingdom and righteousness?
Prayer Of The Day
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your constant love and care for us. Help us to seek Your kingdom and righteousness above all else, making it our primary focus in life. Guide us in living in alignment with Your will and purpose, and help us to trust You to provide for our needs. May our lives be a reflection of Your character and love, so that others may come to know and follow You. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
- Assess your priorities and determine if you are genuinely seeking God’s kingdom and righteousness first.
- Identify areas in your life where you need to align more closely with God’s will and purpose, and create a plan to make necessary changes.
- Cultivate a deeper trust in God by spending time in prayer, reading His Word, and reflecting on His faithfulness.
As we seek first God’s kingdom and righteousness, our lives will be transformed, and we will experience the peace and provision of our Heavenly Father. Let us continually strive to prioritize our relationship with God and trust Him to guide and sustain us in every aspect of our lives.